Sunday, November 22, 2009

BREATH OF FRESH AIR

Seeing as MUSIC in 2009 is being labeled as... (RUN DOWN, DRAGGED ON, REPEATED, UNSKILLED, NO HARDWORK PUT IN, DISTASTEFUL, AND JUST PLAIN PATHETIC). I've heard it all this year and in my opinion I cant but AGREE with the words they said to describe MUSIC OF 2009. But then you dig a little bit deeper, you search a little bit further and you find the total opposite of what people said to describe the downfall of music, you find the pleasent good that you missed all this year, the nostalgia you feel when the vibrant easy going groovin and moovin tunes is swiftly flowing through your ears, the joy that flows through your body that lets you know the World isn't turning into a BROKEN RECORD and a PLACE THAT STRIVES ON "FOLLOWING", here's a few people TO ME that have been that fresh air I've been longing for..




DOM KENNEDY
This guy reminds me of a modern SLICK RICK or Q-TIP, his delivery is so smooth and effective, best of both worlds if you ask me.



_________________________________________________________________



PAC DIV (Pacific Division)
I heard these guys ever so often but what got me was "Church League Champions", man that cd is NICE. I listened to it 3 weeks straight without getting sick of it. They deliver a new sound, like how Hip-Hop is suppose to sound in 2009 - 2010.



_________________________________________________________________



LYKKE LI
When I used to work at Urban Outfitters I remembered it was a day when I was in the fitting room doing my duties when all of a sudden a album was played and the songs where very slow and the voice sound like it came from a little girl, singing in her room by herself haha, that was my first impression but hearing more of her album I realized she had a gift, a gift no one else could carry, and thats a blessing in my eyes.



_________________________________________________________________



JOHN WEST
A day out with friends, on a mission to clear our heads, and next to a guy with a guitar, a table with his cd's, and of course people waiting to see what he was going to bring to the table, in my mind I'm like ah man I dont feel like hearing this when I'm trying to clear all this nonsense. Little did I know when this Man started playing his songs it actually HELPED me clear everything I was thinking of. By watching this youtube you'll understand why and how it cleared everything faster than expected.



_________________________________________________________________



CARTER
I remember this dude back when he collabed with DOM and PAC DIV, but I never really gave his project's a listen, but when I finally did, I knew I did the right thing. This guy can bring it. A Houston Soulful Voice with a Cali Swag, psshhhh what you know about that? HAHA!



GOOD MUSIC RIGHT? I KNOW LOL!

TIL NEXT TIME AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment